What we’re thinking about…
Kindness. Regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum, this week marks the end of one era and the beginning of a new one. It’s a big week, not just for the United States, but the entire world. We’re stopped at the intersection of certain change and uncertain outcomes. Let’s use this moment as an opportunity for kindness and hospitality. Take the extra time to do something selfless for a friend or colleague. Or, perhaps smile when you cross paths with a stranger. These things go a long way in building up or healing a community.
Whatever you choose to do, we hope you do it with purpose and with an eye toward the future.
So, what’s new this week…
- If you’re only using Social Media for event promotion, you’re doing it wrong. Here are 30 ways to go beyond event marketing on social media.
- Every business relies on meetings and events, but here’s why they’re especially important for small businesses.
- Stop planning meetings, start planning meaningful experiences instead.
- Rethinking training camp: see how the Baltimore Raven’s used Social Tables’ Check-In app to optimize attendee experience.
- Airbnb gets into the dining game. Could meetings and events be next?
- Get familiar with these top 20 hidden fees before budgeting for your next event.
- Oh, and before you start on that budget, find out exactly what planners like you spend their dollars on.
- Artificial intelligence is becoming a part of our world every day. Find out how it’s going to impact events in our latest event trend report.
- 75% of participants say that networking is the primary reason they show up to events. Here’s a look at three ways to add speed networking to your next event.
- They say you’re the average of the people you keep in your circle. Follow these 40 influencers to bring more event knowledge to your world.
Meet us on the road…
We’re coming to New Orleans, Louisiana for Catersource on March 12 – 15 and we’re excited to reveal a faster, stronger version of Social Tables that will make your work easier every day.
Sign up for a walkthrough of the Social Tables, to find out what’s new.
That’s it for this week. Until next time, stay warm, fam! We’re past the shortest day of the year so cherish that little extra daylight at the end of each day.
And if the sun shines while it snows, be sure to look out for “snowbows”, although, we can’t promise any pots of gold.