The Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Foundation has confirmed members of its Canadian, European and U.S. councils for the upcoming year. And, we’re so excited to share that Sabba Nazhand, Enterprise Sales Director at Social Tables, has been appointed as a US Council Member! Because investing back in our industry is a top priority for us, we’re so thrilled to have the chance to be a part of MPI, and can’t wait to see what we’re able to accomplish together.
In his role at Social Tables Sabba Nazhand delivers collaborative event and meeting solutions to Fortune 1000 companies, University Systems, Associations and NPOs. He has over 10 years of sales and management experience in the technology industry domestically and internationally, including Dell in the United States and 2U in Hong Kong. He is also a mentor to up-and-coming startups at 1776dc, a global incubator and seed fund and Hong Kong based Pathship, where he provides business advice to new entrepreneurs, students and Executives.
Sabba has previously presented at HSMAI MEET, EventTech, MTE, ACCED-I, EIBTM, FICP, and ADMEI. Additionally, he is a guest lecturer at George Washington University’s School of Business, delivering presentations for the event management and hospitality disciplines.
Now, he looks forward to bringing his experience to Meeting Professionals International Foundation. In case you’re not familiar with the Meeting Professionals International Foundation, this non-profit organization fuels the growth and advancement of MPI members by providing professional development and career opportunities through grants and scholarships. MPI also propels the meeting and event industry forward by funding important and quality research initiatives.
Council members are appointed by the MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees and will serve two-year terms. The councils will assist with fundraising initiatives and lead various activities to support the purpose and mission of the foundation. These Council selections are effective January 1, 2017, for the term of January 1 through December 31, 2017. Explore the full list below:
Canada Council Members
- Chair: Trevor Lui, Director of Operations and Sustainability, The International Centre, Toronto, Canada
- Jennifer Holly, Managing Director, resiada Inc., Ottawa, Canada
- Karen Kitchen, Business Development Manager, Hotels Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- Robin Paisley, General Manager, Events, Meetings + Incentive Travel, Toronto, Canada
- Nadine Poirier, Sales Manager, RCR Hospitality Group, Halifax, Canada
- Les Selby, CMP, CMM, Director, Meetings & Events, Aimia, Toronto, Canada
- Altaf Solvani, MBA, Academic Chair – School of Hospitality & Tourism, Algonquin College, Ottawa, Canada
- Scott Tomlinson, Vice President, Operations, PSAV Canada, Toronto, Canada
- Natalie Wilson, Manager, Corporate Events, RBC Global Asset Management, Vancouver, Canada
Europe Council Members
- Chair: Carole McKellar, MA, CMM, Managing Director, Northern Europe, HelmsBriscoe, Macclesfield, United Kingdom
- Franck Barbaras, Founder, FB Consulting M&E, Barcelona Spain
- Ray Bloom, Chairman, Regent Exhibitions, Ltd., IMEX Group, Brighton, United Kingdom
- Alda Egurrola-Wienke, Strategic Accounts Executive, Cvent, London, United Kingdom
- Anthony Hyde, Director, Sequoia Partnerships, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Julie Krüger, Global Sales Lead, The Freeman Company, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Mike Waddill, Vice President Sales, EAME/Southeast Asia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Chicago, Ill.,
United States Council Members
- Chair: Diana Voto, National Sales Director, Disney Destinations, Orlando, Fla., United States
- Lisa Arias, Regional Vice President, Global Sales – Americas, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Chicago,
Ill., United States
- Michael Fiorentino, President, Epix Events, Hartsdale, NY, United States
- Ron Freeman, National Account Executive, MillerCoors, Las Vegas, Nev., United States
- Darren Green, Senior Vice President, Sales, LA Tourism, Las Angeles, Cali., United States
- Debby Jacobs Felker, Vice President of Sales, Destinations by Design, Las Vegas, Nev., United
- Anna Sofia Lanczyner, MidWest Director, Mexico Tourism Board, Chicago, Ill., United States
- Sabba Nazhand, Global Enterprise Sales Director, Social Tables, Inc., Washington, D.C., United
- Joey Nevin, Director, Sales & Marketing, Giants Enterprises, San Francisco, Cali., United States
- Ryan O’Byrne, Corporate Director, Global Sales, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Dallas, TX, United States
- Ernest Stovall, Executive Director of Sales, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nev., United
- Shelley Williams, Director of Sales, Eastern Region, Caesars Entertainment, Atlantic City, NJ, United States
How has Meeting Professionals International Foundation helped you? Join Social Tables on Facebook and let us know.